Some of the home’s energy saving features are:
- R-60 Roof: 10″ closed cell foam in the roof flats and slopes
- R-55 Walls: 5″ of Dow rigid foam on the exterior and blown cellulose in existing wall cavities.
- R-5 Windows: 44 EcoShield and Thermotech Windows
- Siding: James Hardie fiber cement clapboard
- Doors: High performance doors by Architectural Openings
- Heating: Active solar thermal with radiant floors and passive solar gain through Thermotech windows
- Ventilation: Zehnder Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV)
- Hot Water: 95% efficient AO Smith Vertex water heaters
- Cooling: Unico micro-duct HVAC system.
- Electricity: photovoltaic solar panel system.
Stay Posted for Final Photos!